When shopping for a professional photographer, there is more to consider than price. Skills in creative lighting, retouching, posing the client to flatter their body, making the client feel comfortable and professionalism are also very important factors. We have put together a list of questions to ask that will help you find the best professional photographer for you. Our answers are included so you can compare Foto Flix Photography’s services vs. other photographers:
1. Does the photographer limit the number of poses or outfit changes? Our individual shoots include unlimited outfit changes and poses. We usually take 150-200 shots in an hour shoot and you get to choose from about 60-80 photos. We try to get as many different poses as we can so you have plenty of variety. You have the option to add on more time if you feel you need more choices.
2. Do you have to wait several days to see your photos? At Foto Flix Photography, you get to view your photos ON THE SAME DAY! We understand you are excited to see your photos and we are excited to see your reaction, too! We are one of the few photographers in Orlando who provide same day viewings.
3. Does the photographer have several clients scheduled after your shoot? We only schedule one shoot per day. Making you feel comfortable is our No. 1 priority and rushing you because of another appointment is not our style. This allows you to decide at any time during or after your shoot if you need to add more time. Since we don’t overbook, you will also get your order in less time.
4. Does the photographer’s website show before and after photos? They should so you can see their retouching skills. Our retouches are why many of our clients choose us. (See Fig 1 at left). View more retouches in our Before and After Gallery.
5. Do you have to wait weeks to see your retouches? We have your retouches ready to view within 3-4 DAYS after your viewing.
6. Exactly what retouches are included in your package? Our basic retouches include color correction, skin smoothing, freckles and wrinkle reduction, blemish, stretchmark and cellulite removal and black & white tone. Our advanced retouches include: slimming, tan line and tatoo removal, and effects such as: sepia tone, vignette (dark or light around the edges), special requests AND at least one color spot (see Fig 2 below).
7. Does the photographer’s portfolio show several different poses or do they mostly look the same? A great portrait photographer will be able to pose you in ways that disguise the areas that make you self-conscious. This requires great skill with boudoir photography. The photographer’s portfolio should show different types of poses for different body types. If their portfolio is primarily close up shots, you’ll know he or she has limited posing skills. In Fig 2, a prop is used to hide stomach issues. Our variety and ability to maximize your best features while minimizing your imperfections is another reason why many of our clients hire us. Take a look at all of our boudoir galleries.
8. Does the photographer offer artistic and creative poses? We try to give all our clients at least one artistic pose they can enlarge and display as wall art in their home. (See Fig 3 at left).
9. Does the photographer offer a consultation? If so, does he or she rush you through in 30 minutes or less? We take the time to get to know you and learn about any body insecurities you may have. This allows us to give you more shots you will LOVE. By getting to know you, we can also make suggestions for outfits and poses that are individual to you and your tastes. This way we both know exactly what you are looking for so we don’t waste any of your session time. If you hire us at your consultation, we will create a Posing Plan we will use in your photo session and you will know exactly what type of poses you will be getting. You are welcome to add to this Plan at any time.
10. Does the photographer offer products that are beautiful and will stand the test of time? If a photographer charges a lot less than others in the same type of business, their products are most likely inferior and lower quality than what others offer. You invested good money in a photo shoot, why not make your photos look rich with high quality products that will last? Our products include accordion books with thick pages throughout instead of the more common flimsy, scrapbook-paper between the covers. Our wedding-album-quality flush mount photo books have a LIFETIME GUARANTEE. Flush mount photo books have thick, unbendable pages. We also offer elegant solid wood frames and long lasting floating gallery blocks. Learn about Gallery Blocks in this video:
11. Does the photographer provide posing training? For boudoir shoots, we are the only studio who gives you access to a posing training video. This training will help you get more great shots and you can watch it as many times as you want.
12. Does the makeup artist practice sanitary makeup application? For sanitary application, makeup should be put on a dish and applied from the dish … never applied directly from the makeup kit! With our licensed makeup artists, you will never get an eye infection! Our makeup artists also supply false eyelashes for all our clients at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
13. Does the photographer have testimonials from clients posted online? Testimonials on Google, Yahoo and other reputable sites are more creditable because the photographer cannot censor or edit them. If you haven’t already, read testimonials from our clients on Best of the Web and Google+.
14. A photo session with Foto Flix Photography is not just a photo shoot, it’s an “experience”. You will feel like a supermodel and you WILL feel empowered. We guarantee you will LOVE your photos and you will have a lot of fun!
Foto Flix Photography is a boutique-style professional photography studio in Orlando, FL. This means we offer impeccable customer service, as well as top-of-the-line products. We take the time to get to know our clients, we do everything we can to make our clients feel comfortable and relaxed, we do more than the standard touch ups, we try to create at least one artistic photo in our boudoir sessions and we go above and beyond to help our clients get the most out of their investment. Let’s face it, great professional portraits ARE an investment.
Contact us today to schedule a complimentary consultation . . . you won’t regret it.